Friday, June 6, 2014

Smartphones and Society

For my final research paper in new media class, I wrote about the good and bad effects of smartphones on society. I chose this topic because of the impact that my iPhone has had on my life since I purchased my first one in 2009. Almost everybody I know that owns a smartphone no longer know knows what to do without it. There are so many things that people use their smartphones for reference throughout the day. I was talking to my neighbor yesterday who fell out of his boat into a river with his phone in his pocket, and it is no longer works. He said to me that he feels "naked" without it. I totally agree with him. When I forget my phone I feel lost. In my paper, I cover the effects of smartphones on education, work, and personal life. Check it out at http://klconnors.students.noctrl.edu/drip/index.html.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I still remember getting my first cell phone; it could only text and make calls, and I only used it for emergencies. Now, if my phone has to charge, and I need to leave the house, I find myself weighing the pros and cons of leaving without my phone. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete