Friday, June 6, 2014

Internet and the News


In class we learned about how the news industry has been effected by the internet. It is unfortunate that many of the newspaper companies have gone bankrupt due to online journalism, but after all the internet is a more effective way to get the news stories seen. The internet has allowed citizens to become journalists as well. Especially with all of the cameras people have on their phones. When events take place there are always people to document them. On top of this, people can look at the news whenever, where ever they are as long as they have access to a computer, tablet, or smartphone. This is great because people no longer need to wait for the stories to be printed, or broadcasted.

I love the fact that I can read the news on my phone. I think the majority of my generation agrees with me because it is a hassle to go out and buy a newspaper. Now we don't even need to leave the house. Before I had the internet I would rarely hear the news because I had to go out of my way to get it, or wait for the news to come on TV. I honestly didn't care enough to hear the news. Now, I am more up to date with whats going on locally, and around the world because it's right at the tip of my fingers.

Image from: http://people.howstuffworks.com/newspaper.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment